Preventing Bronchospasm in Patients with Bronchitis, Emphysema & Asthma
Salbutamol belongs to the family of bronchodilators. It is a medication that clears the airways in the lungs. It is only available with your doctor’s prescription.
Salbutamol helps prevent bronchospasm in patients with bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and other lung ailments. It helps relief the symptoms of asthma such as shortness of breath, wheezing, cough and trouble breathing by increasing the air flow in the bronchial tubes.
Salbutamol can treat a number of problems such as:
- Bronchospasm- can prevent or treat bronchospasm like:
- Asthma-relief short-term symptoms like chest tightness, wheezing and coughing
- Chronic bronchitis
- Asthma symptoms brought by exercise.
- Asthma symptoms brought by allergens.
- Temporary delay in delivery in women undergoing premature labor.
- High blood potassium level
How does Salbutamol works?
Salbutamol works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and into the lungs. This will allow you to breathe easily. It usually comes as an inhaler or nebulizer. But it is also available as an intravenous solution and pills.
What is the dosage for Salbutamol?
The information below is the average doses of salbutamol.
- Inhaler formulation- One to two puffs every 4 to 6 hours or as needed. One to two capsules of dry powder inhaler is inhaled.
- Oral form – The usual dose is 2 to 4 mg three times a day in adult. 1 to 2 mg three times a day in children.
- Nebulizer solution – 1-2 ml of salbutamol nebulizer solution is diluted to saline solution until 4ml in total volume.
- Injection form – 5 to 10 ml of salbutamol injection is used in acute attack.
Use salbutamol as prescribed by your doctor. Your dose may be based on your age, response to medication and medical conditions.
How to use Salbutamol?
Before using salbutamol check with your doctor if you:
- Take any other medications including herbal medicines and food supplements.
- If you have had allergic reactions to other medicines.
- If you have lactose intolerance.
Salbutamol is usually taken as nebulizing solution and aerosol. It is also available in tablet form.
- Your dosage is based on your medical condition. Do not increase your dose without your doctor’s knowledge.
- Inhale at least 2 puffs 15-30 minutes before the exercise to prevent asthma.
- Use salbutamol for the duration of prescription to get the most benefit from it.
What are the precautions in using Salbutamol?
See your doctor if:
- Your symptom does not improve after using salbutamol.
- Do not use this medication if you have medical conditions like diabetes and heart diseases.
- Limit the use of salbutamol if you are pregnant.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Costs of Salbutamol
The generic Salbutamol is cheaper than the brand name Ventolin. But both medications have the same mechanisms of action. Salbutamol costs $20.00 per bottle. While the branded Ventolin costs $36.07 per bottle. If you want to purchase Salbutamol from us Buy Here!