Treating Bronchospasm With Chronic Pulmonary Diseases and Asthma
Albuterol is a prescription drug. It can treat bronchospasm in people with chronic pulmonary diseases and asthma. Albuterol helps relieves the swelling and tightening of muscles around the airways.
Albuterol is also available in the following forms:
- Nebulizer solution
- Inhalation suspension
- Inhalation powder
- Oral syrup
What are the uses of Albuterol?
Albuterol can prevent:
- Asthma with symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness of chest
- Induced asthma due to exercise
- Chronis pulmonary disease
- Muscle paralysis
How does Albuterol works?
Albuterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of your air passage for 6-12 hours. The relaxation of muscles causes the flow of air in your lungs to increase. This can make your breathing easier.
What is the dosage of Albuterol?
Albuterol relieves the symptoms of asthma and other lung diseases in adults and children 4 years above. If you have asthma, inhale 2 puffs. This should be done every 4-6 hours.
To prevent asthma brought by exercise, inhale 2puffs 15-30 minutes before and after exercise.
How to use Albuterol inhalation?
- Read all the information on the label.
- Use Albuterol exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Your dose is based on your respond to treatment and medical condition.
- Read the instructions for test spray if:
- You are using a new canister.
- You have not use the inhaler for more than 4 weeks.
- Shake the inhaler well before each use.
- Inhale the medication by mouth.
- Avoid spraying the medication in the eye.
- Albuterol effects can last about 4-6 hours.
- Clean and dry the inhaler once a day.
What are the precautions in using Albuterol inhalation?
Before using Albuterol:
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Albuterol.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies. Albuterol can cause severe allergic reactions. Symptoms include:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of tongue and throat
- Tell your doctor if you have:
- Heart disease
- Overactive thyroid
- High blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeats
Albuterol inhalation comes with many warnings:
- Do not puncture the canister.
- Do not expose the canister to a high temperature.
- Do not use albuterol inhalation near a flame.
Costs of Generic Albuterol
The generic Albuterol and the branded Combivent differs in price. But both drugs contain the same active ingredients. Albuterol 100mcg / 200 metered doses cost $13.75 per spray bottle. While the branded Combivent 100mcg / 200 metered doses costs $31.99 per spray bottle. To buy generic Albuterol at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy, Click Here!