Treating Pimples And Swelling Caused By Acne or Rosacea
Azelaic acid is a topical antibacterial cream. It can treat pimples and swelling caused by acne. It helps reduce redness and bacterial growth in the hair follicle. It also removes dead skin cells to prevent acne breakout in the future. Azelaic acid works by unplugging blocked pores.
You can buy Azelaic acid only with your doctor’s prescription. It is available in the form of cream, foam and gel.
What are the uses of Azelaic Acid Cream?
Azelaic acid is an effective treatment for:
- Mild to moderate acne
- Rosacea – a condition that causes spots. It affects your cheeks, nose and forehead.
- Skin pigmentation
How does Azelaic Acid Cream works?
Azelaic acid belongs to the class of dicarboxylic acid. It works to treat:
- It kills the bacteria on the skin that causes acne.
- It helps decrease keratin production. Keratins are natural substances that promote bacterial growth.
- It decreases the redness, lesion and swelling of the skin.
What is the dosage for Azelaic Acid Cream?
- Adult- Apply a thin layer two times a day. Apply in the morning and evening.
- Children younger than 12 years old- Their dose and use are determined by their doctor.
- Adult- Apply a thin layer in the affected area. Apply the medication two times a day in the morning and evening.
- Children younger than 12 years old- Use the medication according to your doctor’s prescription.
How to use Azelaic Acid Cream?
- Follow the direction on the prescription label.
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Rub the cream gently.
- Apply the medication two times a day.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medication.
- Use the cream for full course of treatment.
What are the precautions in using Azelaic Acid Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have:
- Do not use the cream more often than directed.
- Do not use a large amount.
- Do not cover the affected area.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Azelaic acid.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies.
- Use the medication with care if you are asthmatic.
- Azelaic is for topical use only.
- Do not use astringents and alcoholic cleansers with this medication.
Costs of Generic Azelaic Acid Cream
The generic brand Azelaic Acid Cream is cheaper than the brand name Aziderm. Azelaic Acid 20% 15g costs $14.00 per tube. While the branded Aziderm 20% 15g costs $23.00 per tube. To Order Generic Azelaic Acid Cream at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy, Click Here!