Prescribe To Treat Infections Caused by Bacteria
Ceftin is an oral antibiotic drug. It is prescribe to treat infections caused by bacteria. It works by killing the bacteria in your body. However, it does not work for viral infections such as colds and flu. It can only treat bacterial infections.
The generic name of Ceftin is Cefuroxime. You can buy this drug only with your doctor’s prescription.
What condition does Ceftin treats?
Ceftin can treat bacterial infections such as:
- Skin infections
- Middle ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Throat infections
- Gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease)
- Lyme disease (an infection caused by tick bites)
How does Ceftin works?
Ceftin can stop the growth of bacteria. It prevents the bacteria from forming their cell wall. Without the cell wall, the bacteria will die. The bacteria cell wall protects them from their external environment.
What is the dosage of Ceftin?
- Adults and children 12 years and older
- The recommended dose ranges from 250 mg to 500 mg two times a day. You need to take it for 7-10 days. For gonorrhea, a single dose of 1000 mg may use.
- Children less than 12 years old
- The recommended dose is 10 mg to 15 mg per kg body weight. Take the medication by mouth two times a day for 7-10 days. Children younger than 12 years of age are not allowed to use the tablet form.
- To treat Lyme, take the medication every 12 hours for 20 days.
How to take Ceftin?
- Read and follow the directions on the product label.
- Take the medicine with food to increase absorption.
- You need to swallow the tablets whole. Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Take the medicine at around the same time every day.
- For liquid medication, shake the bottle before each use. Use a syringe or a measuring cup to get the exact measurement.
- You may feel better for the first few days. Do not stop taking the medication. Continue taking the medication until you finish the prescription.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Consult your doctor if you want to switch from tablet to liquid form.
What are the precautions in taking Ceftin?
Before taking Ceftin:
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies.
- Tell your doctor if you have:
- Kidney disease
- Intestinal disease
- Liver disease
- Tell your doctor if you’re taking any medications.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
- Do not use this medication in children younger than 3 months old.
Costs of Generic Cefuroxime vs Ceftin
The generic brand Cefuroxime is cheaper than the brand name Ceftin. Cefuroxime 250 mg costs $2.00 per unit price or $40.00 for 20 tabs. While the branded Ceftin 250 mg costs $17.29 per unit price or $347.74 for 20 tabs. To order generic Cefuroxime at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here.