Relieving Symptoms Of Indoor And Outdoor Allergies
Loratadine is an anti-allergy medication. It helps relieve the symptoms of indoor and outdoor allergies.
Loratadine is non-drowsy antihistamines. It can stop the effects of histamines. Histamines are chemical that your body produce when expose to something that causes allergies.
You can buy this medication over-the-counter. It is available as tablet and liquid form that you can swallow.
What condition does Loratadine treats?
Loratadine helps relieve the symptoms of:
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
- Chronic urticaria
- Other skin allergies
- Reactions to insect bites and sting
- Food allergies
The symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Itchy skin rashes
How does Loratadine works?
Loratadine is an antihistamine. It works by reducing the effect of histamines in your body. Your body cells release histamine when exposed to substances such as:
- House dust
- Pet fur
- Insect bites
- Soap or detergent
However, Loratadine does not prevent hives and other allergies. It can temporarily relieve the symptoms.
What is the dose of Loratadine?
- Adults and children 6 years older- The dose is 10 mg a day. For liquid medicine, take 10 ml (labeled 5mg/ml) in two divided doses.
- Children 2-6 years of age- The dose is 5 mg a day or 1 teaspoonful a day.
How to take Loratadine?
- Take the medicine as directed by your doctor.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Take the medication orally with a glass of water, milk or juice.
- Take the medicine on a day you have symptoms.
- For liquid medicine, use the prescribed measuring cup to get the right dose.
- For melt-in-the-mouth tablet, allow the tablet to melt in your mouth.
What are the precautions in taking Loratadine?
- Do not take Loratadine if you’re allergic to this medicine.
- Tel your doctor if:
- You are pregnant
- You have asthma
- You have liver and kidney disease
- This medication is not suitable for children less than 2 years of age.
- Stop taking the medicine once the symptom is gone.
- For some people, this medicine can cause them to be drowsy. Do not drive or use tools and machines.
Costs of Claritin vs Generic Loratadine
The generic brand Loratadine is cheaper than the brand name Claritin. Loratadine 10 mg costs $0.6 per unit price or $6.00 for 10 tabs. While the branded Claritin 10 mg costs $2.30 per unit price or $23.00 for 10 tabs. To order generic Loratadine at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here.