This Medication Controls Blood Sugar in People with Type 2 Diabetes
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medication. It is used to control the blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Gliclazide can lower your blood sugar by increasing the amount of insulin in your body. It is used when exercise, weight reduction and diet are not enough to control your blood sugar level.
This medication is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
What are the uses of Gliclazide?
Gliclazide helps control your blood sugar. It is used along with:
- Proper diet
- Exercise program
Controlling your blood sugar prevents you from having:
- Heart disease
- Kidney problems
- Decreases sexual activity
- Circulation problems
How does Gliclazide works?
Gliclazide works by:
- increasing the amount of insulin produced by your pancreas
- helps the body use insulin properly
Insulin controls the amount of sugar in your blood.
What is the dose in taking Gliclazide?
The recommended dose ranges from 80 mg to 320mg (4 x 80 mg tablets) a day. Dose can be taken into two equally divided doses. The maximum daily dose is 320 mg. For slow-released, the maximum daily dose is 120 mg a day.
How to take Gliclazide?
- Read the product label.
- Take Gliclazide as directed by your doctor.
- Take this medication by mouth. It is best to take this with food.
- Take the medicine once a day. But if your dose is higher, you may take the tablet two times a day. Talk to your doctor.
- For the extended released, you have to swallow the tablet whole. Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- For missed dose, take the dose as soon as you remember. Do not double-up your dose.
What are the precautions in taking Gliclazide?
Do not take Gliclazide if:
- Diabetes type 1
- Sever kidney disease
- Sever liver disease
- Heart failure
- You’re pregnant
- You’re allergic to this medication with symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, tongue and other parts of the body
- You’re taking medicines called beta-blockers
- You do not have regular meals
- You have G6PD deficiency
- Do not skip meal while taking this medicine.
Costs of Generic Gliclazide vs Brand Diamicron
The generic brand Gliclazide is cheaper than the brand name Diamicron. Gliclazide 80 mg costs $0.32 per unit price or $32.00 for 100 tabs. While the branded Diamicron 80 mg costs $0.81 per unit price or $91.29 for 100 tabs. To order generic Gliclazide at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here.