Medication To Helps Treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorders (PMDD)
Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol is an oral contraceptive for Women. Birth control pills are the type of medicine that contains hormones. These hormones help to prevent pregnancy. Unwanted pregnancy can create many problems and disturbance. Above pill keeps away the unwanted pregnancy. It is marketed under many Brand names as discussed above.
How do the Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol pill works?
The pill is part of the drugs class Progestogen and estrogen. The drug is a combination of two hormones.
- Estrogen – Ethinyl estradiol.
- Progestin – Drospirenone.
They work together to bring about following changes in your body.
- It stops the sperm from meeting an egg (fertilization).
- It stops Ovulation. There is no egg around sperm to fertilize. In this case, there will be no pregnancy.
- It thickens the mucus on the cervix. This makes it hard for the sperm to swim and reach the egg.
All these conditions prevent pregnancy in women.
How to take the Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol pill?
It is available in the form of a pill of strength (3/0.3) to take by mouth.
- As Contraceptive– Start the first pill from the after periods day one of your menstrual or the first Sunday. Then continue to take one every day for 21 days. It is followed by 7 days of inactive tablets. The menstrual cycle repeats after every 28 days.
- For premenstrual dysphoric disorder or Acne.
One tablet orally one time a day.
Elderly– Not prescribed.
Adolescents– same as Adult dosage.
Children– Not indicate in prepubescent females.
What are the uses of the Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol pill?
- It is an oral Contraceptive pill used to prevent pregnancy by following changes.
- Prevent release of the egg.
- Makes vaginal fluid thicker.
- Changes the lining of the uterus to avoid attachments of a fertilized egg.
- Allows fertilized egg to move out of the body without attachments to the uterus wall.
- Helps to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorders (PMDD).
- Used in the treatment of moderate acne.
- May make your periods more regular.
- May decrease blood loss and painful periods.
- May decrease your risk of ovarian cysts.
What are the Precautions in taking Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol pill?
Certain conditions are to be discussed with your Doctor while taking Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol.
- Take only one pill at the same time every day.
- Don’t miss the dose. This will increase the change of getting pregnant.
- Inform your Doctor if you are/have,
- Uncontrolled hypertension.
- Renal disorders.
- Thyroid dysfunction.
- History of heart disease.
- Gallbladder disorders.
- Hormone-related cancers.
- Varicose vein.
- Blood clotting disorders.
Cost of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol. [Generic & Brand]
That’s because brand name maker often invented the drug. The process costs hundreds of millions of dollars. Additional expenditure on advertising, packaging, and pricing also increase their cost. Generic drugs do not include these expenditures.
- Cost of Generic Drospirenone & Ethinyl estradiol.
Pack of 84 pills of 3/0.03 mg costs $ 45, per unit cost is $ 0.54.
Pack of 84 pills of 3/0.03 mg costs $ 331.79, per unit cost is $ 3.95.