Treating Skin Infections Caused By Staphylococcus Bacteria
Mupirocin topical cream is an antibacterial medicine. It can treat skin infections caused by some staphylococcus bacteria. Mupirocin works by killing the bacteria that causes the skin infection.
What condition does Mupirocin topical cream treat?
Mupirocin can treat bacterial skin infections such as:
- Infected hair follicles
- Small cut infected with bacteria
How does Mupirocin topical cream works?
Mupirocin prevents the bacteria from producing proteins. These proteins are needed in order for the bacteria to survive. The abnormal production of proteins will prevent the bacteria from growing and eventually killing them.
What is the dosage for Mupirocin topical cream?
- Impetigo: Apply at least 2% of the ointment every 8 hours for 3-5 days.
- Secondary skin infection: Apply a small amount of cream every 8 hours for 10 days.
Pediatric Dose: (3 months or older)
- Impetigo: Apply a small amount in the affected area 3 times a day.
How to use Mupirocin topical cream?
- Read the product label before using the cream.
- Mupirocin is for external use only. Use Mupirocin on your skin.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the cream.
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Apply Mupirocin topical cream 3 times a day.
- Use a cotton swab in applying the cream.
- Cover the affected area with a dressing or a bandage if you want.
- Use the medication regularly.
- Continue using the cream even if the symptoms disappear.
What are the precautions in using Mupirocin topical cream?
- Before using Mupirocin topical cream inform your doctor if:
- You are allergic to Mupirocin or if you have allergies.
- You have any health problems such as kidney disease.
- Your affected area has an open wound.
- Do not use Mupirocin longer than what is prescribed.
- Avoid using Mupirocin topical cream around your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medications.
- Mupirocin contains an ingredient that can be harmful to kidney when absorbed by open wounds.
Costs of Generic Mupirocin Topical Cream (T-Bact)
The generic Mupirocin topical cream is cheaper than the brand name Bactroban. But both the generic and the brand name contain the same active ingredient. Mupirocin topical cream 15g of 2% mg costs $14.50 for 1 tube. While the branded Bactroban 15g of 2% mg costs $115.57 for 1 tube. To order generic Mupirocin Topic Creamt at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy, Click Here!