Treating Arthritis, Joint Disease and Rheumatism of The Spine
Piroxicam is an oral prescription drug. It is an anti-inflammatory drug that can treat arthritis. This drug is a non-narcotic reliever of pain. It can relieve pain caused by surgery, childbirth and menstrual cramps. It works by stopping the hormone that causes inflammation in the body.
What condition does Piroxicam treats?
Piroxicam can treat:
- Joint disease
- Rheumatism of the spine
With symptoms such as:
- Joint pain
Piroxicam can relieve pain due to:
- Menstrual Cramps
How does Piroxicam works?
Piroxicam is a painkiller. It belongs to the class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug works by reducing prostaglandin enzyme. It is an enzyme that is responsible for pain, swelling and fever. Reduce amount of this enzyme results to reduce pain, swelling and fever.
What is the dosage for Piroxicam?
For rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis:
Take 20 mg once a day orally. You can divide the dose by taking 10 mg two times a day.
How to take Piroxicam?
- Follow your doctor’s prescription.
- Take the medicine by mouth with a glass of water.
- To prevent stomach upset, take the medicine with food.
- Do not lie down for 10 minutes after you take the medicine.
- Take the medicine at the first sign of pain. This drug will not work well if you will take it after the pain gets worst.
- It will not cure your condition. It will only control your symptoms. Its full benefit takes about 8-12 weeks.
What are the precautions in taking Piroxicam?
Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if:
- You are allergic to aspirin.
- You have other allergies.
- You are allergic to any other drugs.
- You have Steven-Johnson syndromes, a life threatening skin rashes.
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Intestinal problems
- Kidney problems
- Blood clotting disorder
- You take other NSAIDs.
- You are elderly and your risk of getting side effect is greater.
- You have been taking painkillers for headache for 3 days. It can make the symptoms worse.
- This medicine can cause stomach bleeding. Do not take this with alcohol.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women. It may harm the unborn child.
- It may harm nursing babies. Do not use this medicine without your doctor’s prescription.
- It may increase the risk stroke and heart attack. Do not use this drug for a longer period of time.
Costs of Generic Piroxicam Vs. Brand Feldene
The generic Piroxicam is cheaper than the brand name Feldene. Piroxicam 10 mg costs $0.23 per unit price or $21.00 for 90 capsules. While the branded Feldene 10 mg costs $7.43 per unit price or $668.94 for 90 capsules. To purchase generic Piroxicam at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy, Click Here! We also have sell Piroxicam Gel.