Treating Intermittent Claudication: Numbness, Pain, Tingling in The Legs
Cilostazol is an oral medication that can treat intermittent claudication. This condition happens when not enough blood reaches the active part of your muscles. It causes pain in the leg when walking.
Cilostazol helps improve the flow of blood in your legs by dilating the arteries. It also reduces the ability of your blood to clot. It will allow you to walk faster and longer without any pain.
What are the uses of Cilostazol?
- tingling in the legs
- It helps decrease the muscle cramps in the legs.
- It helps increase the flow of blood and the oxygen supply in your muscle.
- It improves blood circulation and keeps your blood platelets from clotting.
How does Cilostazol works?
Cilostazol is a vasodilator and antiplatelet drug. It works by preventing your blood platelets from sticking together. It also works by widening the arteries in your legs so your blood can move easily.
What is the dose in taking Cilostazol?
Your dose depends on:
- The number of doses you take
- Time allotment between each dose
- Your medical problem
Adults- The recommended dose is 100 mg a day. Take the medication 1 hour before or 2 hours after breakfast or dinner.
Children—their dose will be determined by their doctor.
How to take Cilostazol?
- Take Cilostazol as directed by your doctor.
- Take the medication by mouth without food.
- Take the recommended dose at least twice a day.
- Do not miss a dose to get the most benefits.
What are the precautions in taking Cilostazol?
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- Do not stop taking this drug without telling your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if:
- You have blood disorders, heart disease. Stroke and kidney disease
- You are allergic to this medicine
- You’re taking any other drugs
- Avoid injuries. You may bleed easily while under this medication.
- Do not take this medication if:
- You are pregnant
- You’re a nursing mom
- You drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruits.
Costs of Generic Cilostazol vs Brand Pletal
The generic brand Cilostazol is cheaper than the brand name Pletal. Cilostazol 50 mg costs $1.05 per unit price or $62.74 for 60 tabs. While the branded Pletal 50 mg costs $1.90 per unit price or $114.40 for 60 tabs. To order generic Cilostazol at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here!