Treating Health Problems Such Allergies, Skin Disease, Lupus, Cancer Etc.
Prednisolone is a type of medicine known as steroid. It is used to treat a wide variety of health problems such allergies, skin disease, blood disorder, lupus and even cancer.
If you think you may be suffering from one of these health problems don’t suffer in silence. Prednisolone can be your good choice. Talk to your doctor now. You can buy this drug only with your doctor’s prescription. It is available in the following forms:
- Oral tablets
- Oral suspension
- Disintegrating tablet
- Oral delayed-release tablet
What are the uses of Prednisolone?
Prednisolone can treat:
- Blood disorder
- Breathing disorder
- Skin disorders
- Intestinal disorder
- Eye problems
- Kidney problems
- Nerve disorder
How does Prednisolone works?
Prednisolone works by decreasing the inflammation in your body. It blocks the release of substance in your body that causes inflammation.
What is the dosage for Prednisolone?
Your dose depends on:
- Strength of medicine
- Time allowed between each doses
- Number of doses you take each day
- Medical problems
The recommended dose:
- Adult- The usual initial dose is 5 mg to 60 mg a day. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
- Children- Their dose is based on their body weight. The usual dose is .14 to 2 mg per kg. Take the dose 3 or 4 times a day.
How to take Prednisolone?
- Take this medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take the medication by mouth with a glass of water.
- Do not take Prednisolone longer than the recommended time and dose.
- It is best to take this drug as a single dose after breakfast.
- Take the medicine with food to prevent stomach upset.
- For liquid medications, measure the liquid using syringe or dosage cup.
- If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- Do not stop taking the medication without telling your doctor.
- Take the lowest possible effective dose.
What are the precautions in taking Prednisolone?
- Before taking this medication tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergic reactions to this medicine with symptoms such as:
- Chest tightness
- Skin rashes
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of lips, mouth and tongue
- Health conditions such as:
- Herpes simplex
- Heart disease
- Stomach problems
- Liver disease
- Mood disorders
- You’re taking any medications.
- This drug can cause withdrawal symptoms. Do not stop taking this drug all of a sudden.
- It can weaken your immune system. Stay away from people who are sick.
- This drug can slow down the normal growth of children if used for a long time. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not miss a dose to get the most benefits.
- Do not take this drug if you are pregnant.
Costs of Generic Prednisolone vs Pravachol
The generic brand Prednisolone is cheaper than the brand name Pravachol. Prednisolone 20 mg costs $0.83 per unit price or $25.00 for 30 tabs. While the branded Pravachol 20 mg costs $4.11 per unit price or $123.44 for 30 tabs. To order Prednisolone at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here.