Treating Nasal Allergies And Other Nasal Symptoms
Budesonide is used as anti-allergic spray. It reduced the inflammation in the nasal passages. It treats symptoms like congestion blocked nose runny nose. It is also found helpful in sneezing and nasal itching. It is useful in treating nasal allergies and nasal polyp, avoid appearance of new polyps from appearing and prevent its recurrences after surgery to remove polyps. It takes 2 to 3 days to show its effects. It treats symptoms caused by common cold .It belongs to class of drugs called as corticosteroids. It blocks the release of certain natural substance that cause allergy symptoms. It is used to clear the nasal symptoms caused due to seasonal allergies.
It was initially patented in 1973. It was use as medicine in asthama from 1981. It is included in the list and Essential Medicines by WHO. It is considered as most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system.
What Are The Right Dosages of Rhinocort?
- For adults and children over the age and 6 years the starting dose is I spray in each nostril once daily.
- Maximum dose for children older than 12 years and age and adults – 4 sprays per nostril in one day.
- Maximum dose for children smaller than 12 years -two spray per nostril in one day..
What Are The Uses of Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)
- It manages symptoms and allergic rhinitis. It is a condition in which fluid accumulates
Within the nose leading to obstruction to the flow and air.
- It also prevent nasal polyp.
Known Side Effect
It don’t serious side effects. Some common side effect are as follows:-
- Cough ,sore throat
- Nasal irritation
- Sore throat
Other side effects include:
- Serious allergic reaction
- Growth suppression
- Upper respiratory infections
- Glaucoma and cataracts
- Vision problem
- Fever, chills
- Body ache
- Flu symptoms
- Impaired wound healing
These side effects are very rare.
What Are The Precautions When Using Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)?
- Start with minimum effective dose to avoid or reduce possibility of side effects.
- Before its use, shake the container gently. Reprime the pump until a fine spray appears,if it is kept unused for 2 or more day.
- Store at room temperature 20 to 25 degree Celsius.
- Do not freeze
- Protect from light.
- Do not spray it in eyes.
- Patients using this nasal spray over several months or longer should be checked regularly for symptoms of candida infection or other signs of nasal mucosa.
- It inhibits wound healing, so one should avoid using it until healing of wound occurs.
- It can suppress immune system of the patient. So it is necessary to take precaution as they become more susceptible to infection as comparative to heathy people.
- It can interact with certain drug. So inform doctor about other drugs you take.
- There is no adequate studies to explain a risk to the fetus or pregnant women.
Cost of generic versus the brand
The cost of brand version Rhinocort nasal spray (32 mcg/inh of 100 mcg) is around $ 40.73. The cost of the Generic version of the budesonide is much cheaper. The cost of generic budesonide nasal spray (32 mcg/inh) is just $24.60. The large difference in their price is due to the brand name and the packaging charges of the company. So it is always good to prefer generic medicines with the same effectiveness. To order generic Budesonide at Rx 2 Go Pharmacy simply, Click Here.